MPPT Solar controller

Help us decide what to build next.
Charlie

MPPT Solar controller

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:15 am

I need an MPPT solar controller, which connects to the serial comm port of the DC150/DC250 switch, and makes its statistics avaliable via SNMP on the switch, and is programmable via the switch web gui.

10amp and
30amp models for 12/24/48v battery banks.

Or a serial port gateway device for other netonix products such as
- RS232? or RS485? converter for epever solar controllers, whatever the common solar controller interface is
- Cabinet fan controller and temperature gauges
- Cabinet alarm
- Mains 110v/240v multiplier switch board for switching mains powered devices on and off
- DC multiplier switch board for switching DC powered devices on and off
With these modules not using copper ethernet ports - they either connect direct to the serial port, or via a serial port controller device.
Attachments
diagram.png
diagram.png (9.8 KiB) Viewed 9562 times

lazerusrm

Re: MPPT Solar controller

Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:41 am

I do lots of solar and mobile applications.

My favorite are victron energy products. They have Bluetooth control and they are some of the nicest programmable controllers available. They have a giant range of products that support their protocols and can interconnect to other devices.. batteries…chargers…current monitors… it’s really a full ecosystem of products

It would be amazing to have an integration where I could program them from and see the statistics from the Netonix.

Epever is shit, sorry.

Charlie

Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:16 am

EPEVER is quite well priced while also being incredibly reliable.

Bluetooth unfortunately is a waste of power at small solar sites. I dont want any of the gimmicky bluetooth, wifi or 4g crap that they have - I just want ethernet and actual proper snmp so I can monitor it from The Dude.
There is no point in setting up a bluetooth gateway or wifi access point just for the solar controller to connect to as that just wastes power.

An integrated solar controller or some accessories that can be controlled/daisychained via the serial port would be awesome.

JeffreyS

Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:06 pm

I have been using MorningStar solar controllers in my setups. Mainly the TriStar TS-60 (built in nic) and ProStar MPPT with EMC-1 (Ethernet MeterBus Converter).

The TS-60 has limited SNMP functionality built in so would need to add on the EMC-1 for better SNMP support.

sakita
Experienced Member

Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:22 am

Another thumbs up for Morningstar. Have used a bunch of their controllers and they just work - even in our desert heat. Also the EMC-1 is a nice addition if you need more monitoring.
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

Return to What should we build next