how to get to ws-6 web management interface

ghidley@eng.ucsd.edu

how to get to ws-6 web management interface

Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:22 pm

I have a sw-6 mini and the only way I was have been able to reach the web management interface was by resetting the switch and directly connecting to 192.168.1.20 (and then resetting my settings again afterward). UISP says my switch is at 192.168.0.231 (my home net is 192.168.0 ) but my browser seems to get no response from that address. Once the switch is operational with clients on the 192.168.0 network, should I be able to reach the web interface using a 192.168.0 address?

It is a catch 22 ... my android phone UISP says it cannot manage the switch because it needs new firmware. But it cannot get to the web interface to allow me to upgrade firmware. I will reset the switch again to get to the management mode if I have to, but I was hoping I can get web management access directly from my browser on my desktop.

thanks
greg

PS: Even after resetting the switch, I had to use a different (than my usual chrome) browser due to some sort of security handshake that fails. Firefox let me bypass that security issue (again, after a reset with my laptop directly connected to a switch port and using 192.168.1.20).

KBrownConsulting

Re: how to get to ws-6 web management interface

Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:21 am

Short answer: Yes, you should definitely be able to access the web management interface after you change the switch's IP address as long as basic network connectivity is working. (Can you ping the switch after you change its IP address?)

Upgrade the firmware on the switch to the latest version to eliminate the browser security issues and then try again.

Manulu

Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:49 pm

I know this is not the place to ask but I have WS-6-MINI with wispswitch-1.4.6.bin on it. Can I just upgrade to wispswitch-1.5.14.bin or I have to install other firmware before? Also, can it be Downgradable? tia

sakita
Experienced Member

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:31 pm

Always backup your settings in case there is a problem...

Today I updated a NOS NIB WS-8-250-DC from 1.3.4 direct to 1.5.14 no problem. YMMV, of course :-)

I generally don't downgrade so don't know on that :?:
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

Return to General Discussion