Recommended BIDI SFP

mayheart
Experienced Member

Recommended BIDI SFP

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello,

I just ordered a bunch of switches. Is there any SFP make people would recommend that would work with these Netonix switch? I've had too many experiences with other vendors and only certain SFPs working.

Thanks.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Recommended BIDI SFP

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm

We started this thread, not much info there yet but basically any CISCO compatible SFP "should" work.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=293

We buy generic SFP modules and they all work but some are crap, when you buy OEM compatible cheap SFP modules it is a crap shoot.

So many people ask manufacturers for a list of SFP modules that work but there are 100s if not 1000s out there and they can not buy 1 or 2 of each and test them all especially us with our limited resources at this point, the best we can do is try and find the ones people report that do or do not work which is why we created that thread but with OEM generics the same SFP module is sold udner many names and brands.

We order 50 Cisco compatible from Amazon and we got like 3 different ones but we thought we ordered 50 of the same because we ordered 1 and it worked well so we ordered 50 and got a mix?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mayheart
Experienced Member

Re: Recommended BIDI SFP

Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks!

I'll update that thread with my findings when we get the SFPs in.

Return to General Discussion