info please STP and flow control

LRL
Experienced Member

info please STP and flow control

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:24 pm

I'm sorry if this has already been covered else where, but I haven't been able to find it.

Can someone give me the rundown on the switches RSTP/STP capabilities?
Can we adjust priority, and path cost on individual ports, vlans, etc?
Is there a logging mechanism to troubleshoot Spanning-Tree flops and other issues?

I'm also wondering what options are available for flow control (individual send and receive options) and how do the switches respond if flow control is turned off.

Ubiquiti tough switches get a little wonky with flow control on and with it off you end up with a gige port limited to 100Mbps.

I just lost my last toughswitch to a weird failure and I think the WISP switch is the answer to all my problems.
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: info please STP and flow control

Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:35 am

LRL wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been covered else where, but I haven't been able to find it.

Can someone give me the rundown on the switches RSTP/STP capabilities?
Can we adjust priority, and path cost on individual ports, vlans, etc?
Is there a logging mechanism to troubleshoot Spanning-Tree flops and other issues?

I'm also wondering what options are available for flow control (individual send and receive options) and how do the switches respond if flow control is turned off.

Ubiquiti tough switches get a little wonky with flow control on and with it off you end up with a gige port limited to 100Mbps.

I just lost my last toughswitch to a weird failure and I think the WISP switch is the answer to all my problems.

YES - STP/RSTP
YES - You can set priority per port for STP/RSTP so it favors one port over another
Logging is limited at this time but being increased as we have time but it does have SNMP support
You can enable flow control per port
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

LRL
Experienced Member

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:09 am

Expanded Logging for STP would be great.

I fear we may be near the end of a useful layer2 backhaul ring, but for now we're still using layer2 for our backhaul and that makes STP my biggest concern.

Root Bridge changes, port state changes(blocking, forwarding), and a small history of those would be exceptionally useful.
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:52 am

Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion