LIST OF POEDEVICES THAT DO AN DO NOT WORK WITH WISP SWITCHES

SemperFi

Re: LIST OF POEDEVICES THAT DO AN DO NOT WORK WITH WISP SWIT

Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Anyone know if the 3000L can work with netonix? I can't find it the list.

bwm-dc

Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:45 pm

LRL wrote:Siklu EH-8010FX works with 48HV

Siklu's own spec suggests that the 8010FX can/will draw up to 50W when using 802.3-based power. It seems like the current limit on most of the Netonix stuff is around 0.75A, so 36W at 48V. Have you had any trouble with crashing due to insufficient power?

Siklu Product Description PDF for EH-8010FX wrote:The EH-8010FX has the following power input:
• Direct 48V DC nominal (42-57VDC)
• PoE++ (IEEE 802.3at+) over port ETH1
• power draw of 50W in both cases

N.b. I have no idea what Siklu means by "802.3at+" as there is no such spec... Guessing they mean 802.3bz, which is the proper spec for UPoE / 60W+ PoE.

Just to add more data to the topic, I am testing a Cambium cnPilot E410 AP (Enterprise / indoor-type AP) - and it seems to boot and run correctly at both 48V and 48VH, even though it's technically supposed to be an 802.3af device.

JeffreyS

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:04 pm

I am testing out the WS-12-250-DC on tower of our towers to run Cambium Networks PMP 450i AP and SM units and Rajant Kinetic Mesh LX5.

The Cambium gear is already listed so my contribution is details for Rajants LX5 units.

In our environment we are running the LX5-2255CH. This model has dual radios for 2.5 and 5 Ghz with built in heaters and USB support. We are running USB GPS receivers for location information. According to Rajant documentation these device support input Voltage of 24-48 VDC on the Blue and Brown pairs. The base maximum power usage for this model is 33 Watts plus 5 Watt for any USB devices.

Rajant's best practice is to use their power supplies which provide 24V on blue and brown pairs and have an output fuse of 2A. In theory they can provide over 40W of power.

I benched tested a WSIP switch and LX5 on 24V and 48V. I miss read the documentation on 24HV as that was the option I was hoping for but the LX5 DOES NOT support voltage on the orange and green pair.

Issue with running from the WISP at 24V is the cap of 18W, half of the possible max of the device. Again Rajant seems to be prefer24V source. I never saw the device exceed 10W. Running on 48V has the power room and had no issues on my work bench. Switch was supplied 48 VDC during this testing.

Moved the switch to the field. Initial I started on 48V and notices the LX5 reports input voltage at 50V. I ran for a few days and had no errors or issues like I'd seen when I accidently ran one on 56V previously. I then decided to run it at 24V to see if I ran into brown outs. After a few days this LX5 had become the master which meant all the traffic from the mesh was coming in and out of it and still never exceeded 10W of power usage. It's back on 48V. Once we are in the coldest part of our winter (Temps below -30*C) I may test 24V again out of curiosity.

The LX5 and switch will auto negotiate to 1G-F but the devices really can't push that much bandwidth and most of Rajant power supplies will only allow 100M anyways so up to you on port speed. I am continuing with 100M.

Final note, the LX5 has been running for a week on 48V configuration (Device still reports input voltage at 50V) but it's running as it should. If I have to deal with support for anything and they see this, I may have to flip it to 24V for smoke and mirrors or worse case use an alternate power source for troubleshooting.

I'll be making a post soon with our use case including more details.

JeffreyS

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:45 pm

A share for anyone in the future looking to power up Axis PTZ cameras like the Q6128 and Q6155.

As I found out from this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5812 and trying for myself, these devices have the polarity switched on Pairs 1 and 2. They require a crossover cable or convertor to allow 48VH to work. The included High POE midspan show the polarity so you can confirm.

The one's pair with my PTZ cameras are the AXIS T8154 60 W SFP Midspan.

BenJeffery

Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:15 pm

SemperFi wrote:Anyone know if the 3000L can work with netonix? I can't find it the list.

The ePMP 3000L and ePMP Force 300 radios work fine with the 24V mode without any pinout adjustments. The 3000L is ONLY 24V compatible, unlike the 1000 radios which worked with both. They also work with the "Canopy" style PoE pinout, which is reverse polarity from the typical 24V PoE.
The ePMP 3000 AP works fine with the 48V PoE mode.

This week I found that the Cambium PTP850C does not work with the Netonix, as it appears the PoE pinout has changed since the PTP820 which supposedly worked fine with 48VH.

From page 968 of the PTP850C User guide (V11.9): RJ-45 output pinout: 3,4,5,6 (+) and 1,2,7,8 (-)

It's a disappointing change, but I figure it has something to do with the multi-gig support on the PoE ethernet port.

We had a legacy site with an Alvarion VL AP on it, and from the manual the PoE pinout is: Pins: 4 & 7 Power (+) 5 & 8 Power (-). While I haven't powered it with a Netonix, I did use a Packetflux device by flipping pings 5 and 7 on one side of the pinout.

gadavis

Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:36 pm

qlex wrote:I can confirm that we have a Trango Atlas 5010 and TLink-45 5055 working via Netonix now. Thanks.

We have ye old Trango Atlas 5010 running off of a WS-8-150-AC at 24V pulling about 14 watts.

As described previously in this thread, we made a special patch cable for the Trango radio that swaps pin 4 with 7, and 5 with 8.
This powered a test Trango in the lab correctly with PoE 24V (24v 2 pair passive.) It's continuing to work in production up on a rooftop. Pirate4

Previous
Return to General Discussion