conduit over sandstone?

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

conduit over sandstone?

Mon May 18, 2015 10:46 pm

I have secured a new (and fantastic) location on a ledge on top of a 100' cliff. Power is about 300' away and about 40' of that is over flat exposed sandstone. I'm looking for ideas to run a power lead (12-2 landscaping cable, possibly in conduit where needed).

Additionally, there is a walking/riding trail between the spot and the power, so I need to protect the wire and not cause a trip hazard. Most of the run has a layer of dirt that I can bury the wire so I only have to figure out how to handle the exposed section.

I have a concrete saw and I'm thinking about just cutting a channel in the rock and putting EMT down the channel, then filling the channel back up with some quick-crete. Anyone ever done such a thing?

running an overhead line is off-limits. I'll likely have an AF24 here as well as a couple AF5X and otherwise loaded with gear so solar is impractical.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: conduit over sandstone?

Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 pm

I like the concert saw idea. Not sure how big of saw you have but they rent decent push (walk behind) concrete saws pretty cheap too.

I would advise spending the extra time as you already seem to be doing so it is YEARS of trouble free service.

Isn't funny how when we started doing WIRELESS we all thought anything that would last a few years was good enough but as we have been into this and learned better we now look at 10 to 20 year solutions on infrastructure. I think they call this WISDOM!
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to The Lounge