AF-5X vs AC comparisson.

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: AF-5X vs AC comparisson.

Fri May 22, 2015 12:48 pm

yeah, I have a site that I'm planning on 3 AF5X links and I'm going to attempt all of them on the same 50Mhz w/ sync. My math tells me I'll do better with them sharing the 50Mhz than slicing them up 30/10/10. I don't think I'll see a latency hit from the sync, from what I'm reading it's a low 1/10ms hit on these. These links will most certainly all be at 8x (or even 10x if that makes into a production firmware).

This is a new pop, so I'll have a bit of time to do testing. I think it will work out perfectly to have the backhaul radio at 25% duty cycle (receiving 75%) and the other two at 75%. We will see how well the new AF dishes handle co-located interference.

I should add that the AF5X radio leaks substantially less than a rocket.

I wish I had an 80/20 duty cycle. For residential areas, 80/20 would still be leaving some capacity wasted by idle uploads.

ste

Re: AF-5X vs AC comparisson.

Sat May 23, 2015 3:18 am

Colocated 2 mimosa B5 at one site with 2x40 Mhz Channels. Channel in upper Band is shared. One link uses a second channel in the upper band the other uses the 2. channel in the lower band. ETSI allows 36db EIRP in the upper band and 30db in the lower. Lower band has more channels so we use the lower band where possible at lower distances to keep the upper band free. At longer distances the lower band has low tx-power.

Having 2 channels available gives a lot more options. GPS sync works great. Aiming with the Smartphone using the builtin 2,4GHz AP is great.

Doing 240/240 in the middle of a city as backuplink between 2 licensed fed sites.

Love this B5s and ordered some more links.
Attachments
mimosa.png
mimosa.png (160.32 KiB) Viewed 5346 times

Previous
Return to The Lounge