Suggestions on backhaul

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: Suggestions on backhaul

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:00 pm

"SOOOOOON!" well that's good news! hahaha. I'm wondering if 'soon' to ubiquiti is an acronym for Sarcastically.Observing.Operators.Needs

billbuchan

Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:02 pm

I think your choice is between Ubiquity AC, Mimosa, and Mikrotik AirFibre.

Of the three, I would (from experience) avoid Ubiquity AC till their 7.x firmware is production. This could be never.

Mimosa. Rock solid. Love them.

AF? Never tried them, but for less than 7km, should be rock solid. If expensive?

Hope this helps.

---* Bill

josh
Associate
Associate

Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:48 pm

billbuchan wrote:I think your choice is between Ubiquity AC, Mimosa, and Mikrotik AirFibre.

Of the three, I would (from experience) avoid Ubiquity AC till their 7.x firmware is production. This could be never.

Mimosa. Rock solid. Love them.

AF? Never tried them, but for less than 7km, should be rock solid. If expensive?

Hope this helps.

---* Bill

MikroTik AirFiber? :) You mean Ubiquiti AirFiber? :)

iggy05

Mon May 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Well it has been a few months and I am still waiting for my originally AF5X order to show up. Concrete was just put in the ground for the tower today and I am getting a bit nervous if it will be showing up on time or not. Not that it is too big of a deal as it is a backup link but we don't have our own tower climber and would like to have it up at the end of the build.

Does any one happen to know someone that has them? I didn't want to ask this question on the ubnt forum as I am sure it would be like a moth to a flame. Probably the same thing here but there are fewer moths. :mrgreen: Ordered originally from Streakwave and they still can not get a date on when I can get one.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Mon May 18, 2015 2:23 pm

no known eta as far as i can tell. I always have better luck with doubleradius for pre-orders.

sbyrd
Experienced Member

Mon May 18, 2015 4:37 pm

I have no idea on stock either. I use Streakwave and Doubleradius and they currently have no ETA. However, as soon as AF5X was announced I preordered 11 from Streakwave. I got all of them the first week of April, so that must have been Streakwaves first shipment. It could be another month or two before they get the next one.

iggy05

Tue May 19, 2015 4:28 pm

That is just wonderful. Well the other option is to put up a dish with an M5 for now until the AFx shows up. At least I could have the aiming done for now.

iggy05

Thu May 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Well I was sweating on this and I was going to just throw a set of AC ptp units up but yesterday they finally shipped. Talk about just in time. The tower was supposed to be up this weekend but steel got delayed so it ended up working out perfect. It looks like I am going to be needing 2 pair again by September. Though. Hopefully it will be easier to get them the next time around.

Previous
Return to The Lounge