Water Tower leasing/installs

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
WisTech
Associate
Associate

Re: Water Tower leasing/installs

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:39 pm

Definitely sounds more than fair, especially if you can pick up a good percentage of the area!

TheHox
Experienced Member

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:13 am

I read over the contract last night, and one thing stood out.

"All costs for required structural studies will be paid by COMPANY within 30 days of receipt of a detailed invoice."

How much can that run? I don't want to sign up for $400/m, then get an invoice for $5,000 for a structural study.

I am not using any new mounts, only the mounts and poles that are already in place, and my equipment is smaller than the cell carriers equipment, do you think I can argue that no structural is needed as I am using mounts already in place and with smaller gear?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:33 am

We always got that part removed, depends if they actually do it but engineering costs can be expensive.

It is standard wording to have that in the lease but sometimes they do get engineering studies which could be 3-6K
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rkelly1
Experienced Member

Sun May 03, 2015 7:20 pm

The water towers that we are on (city owned) have "crowns" installed on them by various cell companies. The engineering was completed when the crown was built and welded to the tank. We use the existing mounts like you are indicating, which are included in the original engineering. We've never been asked to provide additional engineering. Almost one time, but then they agreed to remove it.

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Wed May 06, 2015 1:58 pm

rebelwireless wrote:How tall is the water tower? Generally speaking, you have 50' AGL before you need a permit, and also generally speaking if you want under <=75' it's very hard to be denied when filing for a permit. Local ordinances that block this have to be extremely specific in their justification for denials.

Can you back that up? I'm not questioning you, just curious where you're pulling it from -- would be good to know.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Fri May 08, 2015 4:04 pm

primarily in Title 47, 332/7/B describing local authorities power to limit and what they must to do deny.

I'm looking for the 50' height rule now as I don't seem to have it in my documents folder. That's actually not part of FCC regulations, it's part of general land owners rights and the 75' was something to do with requiring a building permit and a fire inspection due to the chance it falls over and isn't federal law, but a guideline generally adopted. I said generally because there are examples of people being denied building permits for 'structures' as low as 30' due to local ordinances, but those are easy to fight when it's a communication based structure because you take them to court and the judge is bound by Title47 rules and the local authority probably made their decision outside of those rules.

Previous
Return to The Lounge