airCRM

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: airCRM

Thu May 07, 2015 10:06 am

iellison wrote:I really need to release NORM for pubic consumption, but the lack of interest in doing tech support for something freely given has kept me from doing it thus far.

:tounge: been doing that for 5 years for Ubiquiti!
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Thu May 14, 2015 10:55 pm

I've actually been having good luck collecting data. I'm pulling the json output of the ubntbox program and pushing it to remote couchdb via a fairly simple script and deleting successfully posted data from a buffer. If a radio cant connect, it can store up quite a bit and then when it finally gets through dump a gap-free history. In the script I'm also pinging the radio's gateway a few times for a connectivity test and shoving that into the post. Unfortunately I can't get curl to run on airOS so I'm having to build an http post as part of the script and telnet it to couchdb, but it works and returns success or failure.

I haven't gotten into post-processing the data much which is required because the output in airos v5 vs v7 is different, and I haven't created any views to look at the data yet but if I formulate the views right then charts etc shouldn't be too difficult w/ chart.js or similar.

I could probably build (aka compile) some utilities like curl and jq if I took the time to setup an openwrt cross build environment :/ but that's too much work and it's probably better to deal with a little extra data transfer and process it on a dedicated box.

Probably just another project I wont finish though :/

turtles2

Thu May 14, 2015 11:09 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. I started a billing system a while ago got most logic in expect auto suspend and delete user. Now it just sits because I never had time to finish after I got annoyed with Stripe.

Previous
Return to The Lounge