New Look

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: New Look

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:02 pm

rebelwireless wrote:Also, the email replies do not have links, just plain text. The website also seems quite slow sometimes.

*all intended to be constructive criticism!!

I will look into the email links when I get a chance, really pushing hard to get some switches out by the end of this week!

Last night our servers would have been going up and down and we were installing and messing around with our latest versions of our NEW switches! :arf:

Please do not make fun of my cable mess, it is an OLD building and I never re did the cabling or added a patch panel.

20140907_134551.jpg
20140907_134551.jpg (593.75 KiB) Viewed 6449 times

ws-24.jpg
ws-24.jpg (316.57 KiB) Viewed 6449 times
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:20 pm

ROFL, OK I am sitting here trying to beat up the switches to find bugs and I found one alright.
I wanted to go back to normal MTU from 9K and entered in 1500 instead of 1518 on all the ports and of course the switches took the value and I brought my office and small data center down! :crazy:

I will have to make it so it will not allow less than 1518 MTU size to be entered by the stupid user (me)! :rofl4:

My head programmer is flying in tonight and we plan to cram all week and push out a v1.0 firmware that is as good as we can but lets all remember this is our first embedded system so bare with me. Remember the switch core software is HARD coded by the manufacturer in all switch cores and in our case that is VITESSE and in Ubiquiti's switch it is Broadcom, so with that said all we can screw up is the UI and such so do not get your panties in an uproar! With "any" switch except for a software switch which is dumb cost wise, then you are looking at a router.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 pm

...so, how about that tapatalk plugin ;)

Previous
Return to The Lounge