Invalid fields

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
hamtech

Invalid fields

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Every time I try to turn on the POE I get invalid fields. I have run cable diagnostics and all is fine. cannot seem to make any changes without getting this error. Any advice, cannot find any config errors. I configured this ahead of time and shipped it onsite. It seemed to work before but will not now.

Thanks

Dennis
Last edited by hamtech on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Invalid fields

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:58 pm

hamtech wrote:Every time I try to turn on the POE I get invalid fields. I have run cable diagnostics and all is fine. cannot seem to make any changes without getting this error. Any advice, cannot find any config errors. I configured this ahead of time and shipped it onsite. It seemed to work before but will not now.

Thanks

Dennis

An image would help as this is not an error I am familiar with?

What switch model is this?
What firmware version are you using?
Is this in the CLI or UI?
If UI what browser are you using?

A little more help would be great.
If this is not firmware v1.2.2 please upgrade as we provide support based on current stable firmware version which is v1.2.2.

You can download the firmware from the forums. If you are using an older firmware and there is a browser issue I STRONGLY SUGGEST you use Chrome to do the upgrade.
We support the latest versions of Chrome/IE/FireFox/Safari so if your using an older firmware and or an older Browser please upgrade both.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

hamtech

Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Sorry, image did not load. This is WS-24-400B, firmware is 1.2.2 using UI, tried with firefox and chrome. I tried reflashing 1.2.2 firmware, Tried 1.3RC7 firmware, went back to 1.2.2, rebooted a gazillion times. Tried backing up config and restoring the config. Always the same result. I finally broke down and used the CLI and was able to turn POE on the ports I needed and all seems to work fine. However I am still unable to make any config changes with the UI. Always get the Invalid fields error.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:46 pm

This makes no sense as all the switches are the same and no one else including me is seeing this?

The web UI logic is handled on your local computer browser so it has to be something with your computer/bowser.

Have you tried accessing the switch via another computer as I think this has to be related to this computer/browser?
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

hamtech

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:28 pm

I agree it makes no sense. I thought the same thing about being the local computer. So...I tried 2 different computers in my office, same thing. I tried a third computer on our test network running through a different router, same thing. Tried bypassing all routers getting public IP straight from our core router, same thing. Tried IE, firefox and chrome on all 3 computers. Strange thing is I have a WS-8-250-AC at the same site with pretty much the same config that works perfectly. Luckily the CLI worked so it is running right now since we will have 4000 people on site this weekend and no cell service in the area. :headb:

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Anyway as I said the UI is handled on the client browser and the firmware you are using is the same as a thousand others and a hardware failure could not cause this to occur as the error being generated is from the local running UI web pages.

Now it is possible I suppose that there is something in the config that is screwing things up...maybe....long shot.

I would suggest going to the site and defaulting the switch and then resetting it back up NOT exporting then importing as there maybe something in the config that causes this behavior?

But whatever is your problem I would suggest fixing it now why you have time before this 4000 user thing occurs or if you have a spare switch which you should have as you should ALWAYS have a spare 1 of everything you could set the spare up and then swap out and bring this bad boy back to the shop.

If this event is that important and you do not have a spare might I suggest you get a spare.

At my WISP I try to standardize all towers as much as possible and have at least 1 spare of everything on a tower so for things like Rockets and such I have enough spares to replace 1 FULL tower at all times.

Key things like airFIBER 24 I try to have several, routers at least 2.

hamtech

Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Turns out it was a configuration problem. Somehow I had an ACL with no IP address. Not sure how it saved like that but it would not allow me to save any other config changes until I removed that ACL. Once I changed that the switch was flawless. This powered 12 UAP pros with just under 1000 clients at any given time pushing 30-60Mbs all day long and never gave us any trouble. Thanks for the great product!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Thank You, I am glad you like the product.

So you think you will be buying more then?

hamtech

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Absolutely! This was a stress test of sorts for me. I figured if it can power that many 48v devices on unclean power (generator) it passes the POE test. I have an 8 port running a tower now and it has been great. I put that one in because I wanted to try flow control and wasn't sure a procurve 1800 had the guts to handle it. Using flow control fixed a download speed problem we had at that tower since we fired it up. Will probably be replacing most of our tower switches with these. Price is in line with the procurve 2530 I have been replacing them with and I get POE and several other features. Can finally get those huge web power switches out of already crowded boxes.

Return to Hardware and software issues