TLS 1.2 support

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: TLS 1.2 support

Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:01 pm

So Eric gave me v1.5.10rc1 tonight which I tested to work fine but I want to run some tests on models I do not have here at home tomorrow but I should be able to push v1.5.10 tomorrow Wednesday 2/16/2022

v1.5.10rc1 will support TLS v1.2, I saw no reason to worry about TLS v1.3 as the benefits of v1.3 over v1.2 really have no inherit benefit and currently as of today 67% of all web site in the world are using v1.2 or below.

The primary advantage of v1.3 of v1.2 is it requires less handshakes which is for scalability on sites with a huge number of users and some improved security but again our UI is not your SWIFT banking portal.

You might ask if we are doing the upgrade why not v1.3, simple answer without getting in depth is it was a lot easier and less involved to just go to v1.2 which is all we need.

Again sorry, should have been done last year, it was on our list of things to do but they (browsers) kept extending cut off date for support of older TLS so it was pushed down on the list one too many times obviously.

READ above in this thread for instructions to access v1.5.9 and older if you updated your browser already and lost UI access.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: TLS 1.2 support

Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:57 pm

v1.5.11 is pushed and fixes TLS for updated web browsers for all models
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues