v1.2.0 FINAL bug reports and comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
SBB-DJ

Re: v1.2.0 FINAL bug reports and comments

Thu May 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Yes I understand. I neglected to bring a replacement with me. I ended up moving the module from the switch to the Mikrotik CCR I had there. It doesn't cause the CCR to do anything weird, but I've seen weird things like this in the past.

My plan is to try another module of the same type in the switch next time we are out there doing some work, to see if the problem persists. If it does I will PM you and\or Eric and get you involved to see if it's something we can correct in the software.

Thanks for all the help guys! It is appreciated.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu May 07, 2015 3:51 pm

SBB-DJ wrote: If it does I will PM you and\or Eric and get you involved to see if it's something we can correct in the software.

Thanks for all the help guys! It is appreciated.

You're always welcome to PM us but mainly just report the make and model and we will order one in to test.
Would be good to do it in the forums so someone else may avoid the issue and either not use that SFP module or know there is a fix coming.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

yoder

Fri May 08, 2015 7:03 am

The WS-6-POE does not have a power supply?

Can be powered by:
48VH 1.5A passive POE port from another WISP Switch.
48-53V DC POE adapter up to 2A
48-53V DC barrel connector up to 2A

Yeah, I know. I will be using these:

http://volt.ind.br/produtos-fontes-nobreak

yoder

Fri May 08, 2015 7:42 am

When I said "power supply" I meant your POE magic inside the switch. I do realize I have to supply a power supply!

keefe007
Experienced Member

Bug Report: Deleting a VLAN disables trunking for vlan

Sat May 09, 2015 11:15 am

I have recently discovered a bug in 1.2 related to VLAN. If I add a VLAN to a switch and then remove it later the switch will no longer trunk that VLAN. It explicitly denies trunking the deleted vlan but continues trunking all other VLANs as normal.

This could become a big problem as people might temporarily setup access ports to do testing and then remove them--and break their trunking of that vlan.

Keefe

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Bug Report: Deleting a VLAN disables trunking for vlan

Sat May 09, 2015 11:45 am

keefe007 wrote:I have recently discovered a bug in 1.2 related to VLAN. If I add a VLAN to a switch and then remove it later the switch will no longer trunk that VLAN. It explicitly denies trunking the deleted vlan but continues trunking all other VLANs as normal.

This could become a big problem as people might temporarily setup access ports to do testing and then remove them--and break their trunking of that vlan.

Keefe

I moved your post into the proper thread (This thread) and notified Eric to look into it.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sbyrd
Experienced Member

Tue May 12, 2015 9:19 am

Not a priority, but are their plans to add more information for us to pull via SNMP? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot seem to find the interface speed via an SNMP walk for example.

sethjt33

Tue May 12, 2015 5:48 pm

I keep getting: "Attempting to reestablish communication with the device ..."

I am getting extremely tired of this. I have work to accomplish and don't have time for this.. Fix it immediately or lose my companies business.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue May 12, 2015 7:08 pm

sethjt33 wrote:I keep getting: "Attempting to reestablish communication with the device ..."

I am getting extremely tired of this. I have work to accomplish and don't have time for this.. Fix it immediately or lose my companies business.

So far there is only one or 2 other people that have reported this issue and we have offered to use something like Teamviewer to come in and look at their issue but they are not that concerned as they are busy.

Maybe you could provide some information to help with this?

What firmware version is on the switch?

What browser and version are you using?

Is your computer in the same subnet as the switch?

I have over 20 of these switches deployed at my WISP and do not see this issue in fact I have the UI open to all of them for days at a time.
There are over 1,000 of these switches deployed and only 2 people have reported this issue so it has to be something specific that causes it.

So if you are willing to set this up and demonstrate this with Team Viewer we may be able to help.

Are you positive there is not an IP conflict on your network as this would definitely cause this issue as the devices would fight over the ARP entry basically knocking down communications to the switch then randomly the switch would get the ARP entry and then the other and so on. An easy check would be to find an IP address you know is vacant then change the switch IP and see if that has an effect.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Wed May 13, 2015 9:40 am

I've seen the "device lost beavior too" but didn't give it too much attention since it just happen from time to time. If I remeber well, I first saw it with 1.2 final but maybe with some of the last rc. I can't give more information for now. I don't have too much time now to test this.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues