Cant access

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
vnce

Cant access

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:40 pm

Ok I have searched and searched the forums here,, I have a Brand new out of the box WS-8-250-AC I tried to load new Firmware onto it before replying it tomorrow,, this will be the 3rd netonix and we were confident that it would work, after assigning it an Ip address on out network and loading new firmware I am no longer able to get into the web Interface. I have tried many different browsers and different ways to get in ie. https:// and what not just to see if it will work,, Nothing...
I can get in with ssh on my mac no problem, and it passes traffic with out issues, I can ping the Ip and can look into the log nothing I can find out of the ordinary.. I was wondering if something failed in the firmware update and if so is there a way to command line new firmware with out a serial cable?

please help out if anyone knows as I was supposed to have this deployed tomorrow

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Cant access

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:49 pm

Not sure what you did there.

Did you maybe accidentally unchecked the HTTPS enable box or apply an access list?

Not sure what version you put on it? I thought all WS-8-250-AC units in the channel already had v1.1.8?

Option 1) See if you applied an access list via SSH
Option 2) See if you disabled HTTPS via CLI
Option 3) Factory default it

Not sure if option 1 and 2 are possible with v1.1.8, may need v1.2.0rc11 or newer to do/change options 1 and 2
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

vnce

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:56 pm

I have not disabled the https it shows active,
it did not have 1.1.8 on it I forget now what it was but it wasn't 1.1.8.
it will not factory default, the reset button on the front acts as though it does not exist.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:09 pm

[quote="vnce"
it will not factory default, the reset button on the front acts as though it does not exist.[/quote]
Not sure what this means?

People need to get a console cable and test it BEFORE they need it. :ak:

When you push it with a paper clip can you feel the little click?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=409

TRY THIS RESET

Press the factory default button and hold for 10 seconds when powering up

This feature reformats the writable partition where the config is stored then recreates a new config with the default, this process is actually handled but the boot loader. If you ever see an error or warning on the console during initial boot or in the Linux system log about the JFFS2 filesystem such as a checksum issue this is the only way to correct that issue. Now the JFFS2 file system is pretty resilient and even if it gets corrupted 99.9& of the time you would never have an issue but if you really want the error message to go away you have to do this type of factory default, just remember to backup your config or write it down first as with any factory default your config is lost!

WHEN PREFORMING THIS DEFAULT YOU MUST LET THE SWITCH SIT FOR SEVERAL MINUTES
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

vnce

Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:24 pm

ok well if you want to berate for not wanting to get a serial cable in this day and age of nothing uses serial anymore then cool I can respond in like kind....

I have attempted every and any form of reset, as I said it acts as if there is no physical reset button, if I hold it down when It powers up it dosent do anything, it just powers up like normal..

I can feel it click, this is not my first rodeo.

I don't need to buy netonix and maybe I won't if this is the kind of responses I get when I post looking for help, thanks anyway I will just talk to Chris tomorrow.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 pm

vnce wrote:ok well if you want to berate for not wanting to get a serial cable in this day and age of nothing uses serial anymore then cool I can respond in like kind....

I have attempted every and any form of reset, as I said it acts as if there is no physical reset button, if I hold it down when It powers up it dosent do anything, it just powers up like normal..

I can feel it click, this is not my first rodeo.

I don't need to buy netonix and maybe I won't if this is the kind of responses I get when I post looking for help, thanks anyway I will just talk to Chris tomorrow.

I am not picking on "you" (singular) about the serial cable but everyone who does not have a usb to serial dongle and a null modem cable.

Many people complained about UBNT switches not having a console port then we find out when one exists they do not have anything to use one, several are my friends. :ak:

Anyway moving past that, it was meant as a poke or jab nothing more.

If you tried the factory default and that did not work and if you do not have a console cable but you can SSH into it we are down to arranging for a Team viewer peek at it tomorrow or an RMA??

If you want to try Team Viewer tomorrow PM me your cell number and a time after 10AM EST that works for you?

vnce

Tue May 12, 2015 11:34 am

I just have to say NETONIX has gone above and beyond to solve this issue and help us get the switch up and running. these are some great guys who get it.

Return to Hardware and software issues