Firmware v1.2.0rc6 bug reports and comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Firmware v1.2.0rc6 bug reports and comments

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Yea I am guessing he is only reporting 1 sensor value on the 24 port 48VH port.

Remember if you then double the current reading on the 24 port it shows higher then the total watts distributed on the 6 port by a few watts which of course is due to the fact of converting 48V to 24 volt on the 6 port mini is not 100 percent efficient, the conversion from 48 to 24 on the 6 mini eats up some extra wattage.

SO good catch, but a simple fix
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:18 pm

CPU temp looks bogus on the MINI

Selection_016.jpg
Selection_016.jpg (18.78 KiB) Viewed 4834 times

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:23 pm

sirhc wrote:Yea I am guessing he is only reporting 1 sensor value on the 24 port 48VH port.
Problem is I trust that number and think the MINI numbers are bogus. The number on the WS24 is the same as it was on 1.1.6 and matched with the numbers on the MINI with the old firmware.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:24 pm

lligetfa wrote:CPU temp looks bogus on the MINI

I believe if you re-read the emails we discussed the temperature sensors on the "PROTOYPE" we gave you were wrong.
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 8:57 AM
To: Chris Sisler
Cc: David Olive
Subject: Re: 1.1.6 and MINI
OK, good :/ to hear the numbers are bogus and have been since resolved. I will avoid making mention of it in public.
I put the cover on the box and the temps jumped up 10 degrees.
Board Temp 77 C / 171 F
CPU Temp 116 C / 241 F
PHY Temp 95 C / 203 F

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Chris Sisler <chris@netonix.com> wrote:
Les, the CPU temp on that board is WRONG, there was an issue with that circuit, fixed in production units.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:32 pm

lligetfa wrote:
sirhc wrote:Yea I am guessing he is only reporting 1 sensor value on the 24 port 48VH port.
Problem is I trust that number and think the MINI numbers are bogus. The number on the WS24 is the same as it was on 1.1.6 and matched with the numbers on the MINI with the old firmware.

Well either way we will look into it as soon as possible thanks for pointing us in the right direction of a definite issue either way. We will find out which one is telling the truth.

But I am betting the Mini is correct. The watts each device reports is about right.

The watts the 24 port is showing is a little more then half the watts the 6 is delivering.

And there is only about a 96% efficiency when down converting 48V to 24V on the MINI and then there is also the down convert again to 3.3V which is only about 96% efficient.

As I said my bet is the MINI is correct.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:09 am

Yea if you add up the watts of the individual devices on the MINI then add in about 7-9 watts for the switch the MINI is reporting right.

Then factor in the efficiency of down converting 50V to 24V and then to 3.3V for the SOC you get about 53 to 57 watts draw which is close to what the 24 says it is pushing.

Now when you factor in the cable losses to push that current to the MINI through Cat5e your not far off from 60 watts the 24 is reporting half of.

I am still betting the MINI numbers are correct and the 24 port is only reporting 1 of the 2 current sensor loads (so half of actual load).

How long is this cable run?

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:31 am

The cable run is 300 feet and the voltage at the MINI is 45.5V. The MINI is reporting loads that are higher than the device specs and higher than I've seen on the ES24 and the WS24. When I compare the loads on identical gear the MINI reports them to near double what the WS24 does.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:39 am

lligetfa wrote:The cable run is 300 feet and the voltage at the MINI is 45.5V. The MINI is reporting loads that are higher than the device specs and higher than I've seen on the ES24 and the WS24. When I compare the loads on identical gear the MINI reports them to near double what the WS24 does.

Well then maybe you do win? :tounge:

But that does not mean my logic is not sound and the math works. :tounge:

I just do not know what those devices normally draw an you would know them better then I so you might be right and I am totally wrong.....it happens more often then I like!

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:49 am

Chris, take a look at the numbers on the screenshot I posted a few days ago. Keep in mind it was in daylight so no IR means the UVC draws a little less.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=594&p=4317#p4317

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:11 am

Yea, your probably right and it is the MINI but not sure how? But then again you do have a PROTOTYPE and the production unit is different so maybe yours does not work right with the new firmware....definitely an Eric/Dave question, probably more Eric.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues