Netonix Cable Diagnostics output for xyz Device

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
POEswitchGUY

Netonix Cable Diagnostics output for xyz Device

Mon May 16, 2022 12:41 pm

I discovered Netonix about 6 months ago, ive been deploying their switches anytime i need to add or replace a POE switch (generally). I love the Cable Diagnostic function, and noticed how different (good/working and POE failed) devices can give different output. So i made a rough reference chart on my test bench for when im deploying out in the field. I figured i would share it here (and will try to keep it updated as i add more devices over time).

I HAVE noticed that on longer cable runs (ie 150ft+) , the results MAY differ slightly. I also always use my fluke intellitone to check continuity on each of the 8x wires before plugging in. (great basic test tool)

I could attach it as a PDF, but i assume most would prefer images for security reasons so here they are:

note: the dark green text, will always be a copy/paste from the manufactures Spec Sheet for N device. Ruck = Ruckus (access points), MT = Mikrotik

Posted / as of: May 16 2022 (only 6x devices tested for now):

may 16 2022 - pg 1 of 2 .JPG

may 16 2022 - pg 2 of 2 .JPG
See my post with the Netonix "Cable Diagnostic" output of various (good and failed) POE devices :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7449

Return to WISP Switch™