High temperatures and fans not running

Dylan

High temperatures and fans not running

Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:46 pm

I installed a brand new WS-26-400-AC six days ago. The fans are only turning on once CPU temp goes above 100c and turn off once it's back down to 100c. The board temp is very high - once above 127 it reports as "-128". The next switch down the line is passing 80% of the traffic that this one is and it's sitting at 80c cpu and 50c board temp. I have many other models in the field with similar temps, most are in worse environments. Ambient temp here is currently 31c (88f). This is my only switch on 1.5.16 firmware, the rest are still 1.5.14. Is this a firmware issue? Any advice is appreciated.
Attachments
ws-26-400-ac-high-temps.png

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: High temperatures and fans not running

Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:55 am

No known issues with v1.5.16

Why did you cover MAC, that is the info I need to look up hardware info.

Providing MAC address not a security risk.

Do you have a spare you could swap it out and bench it for testing?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Dylan

Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:23 am

MAC is ec:13:b2:02:cb:5e

I do not have a spare at the moment, this was a rushed replacement of a previously failed switch (the fans failed because the frame was crushed by the previous installer and it filled with moths - our fault).

Would it be worth downgrading firmware or are we better off purchasing another replacement and RMAing this one?

Thanks

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:27 pm

You could try to downgrade it but I don't think that is the issue, or even power cycle it.

I would replace it and RMA it, you just got that unit, shipped on July 1 from Order 1045011636.

Once you pull it I would examine it, bench test it and if it acts the same RMA it.

Sorry
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues